Saturday, October 8, 2011

That Fabulous Demos Family

I just returned to my hotel room from a great day at The Athens House of Photography.  It's wonderful to see a new venture in Athens.  As of today, AHOP gets added to my short list of things to do in this great city.  Aurleia and Iason Demos along with Nina Stavropoulos have created something I can only describe as an ICP like exhibition and learning space where photographers including the highly esteemed, John Demos, Constantine Manos, Nikos Economopoulos, Herbert List and George Giorgiouo have been exhibited.  Giorgiou is currently part of the MOMA New Photography exhibition in NY but AHOP had him first.  The space is 10 months old, is lovely and the plans for the future bode well for the (very much alive) photography community here.  It's an honor to have been exhibited and lectured here.  I hope to be back to visit again very soon but any visit to Athens will now include AHOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment